Friday, January 1, 2016

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening - Robert Frost



As an assignment in a high school English class we had to recite a poem. We had learned about Robert Frost, so I recited this poem. I likely choose this poem at the time because it was quite easy to remember compared to his other poems and I thought at the time the meaning was quite simple. However, the meaning is much more complex and if you ever walked through the woods on a snowy day, you may guess the complexity of his poem. Well, enjoy!

Whose woods these are I think I know.   
His house is in the village though;   
He will not see me stopping here   
To watch his woods fill up with snow.   

My little horse must think it queer   
To stop without a farmhouse near   
Between the woods and frozen lake   
The darkest evening of the year.   

He gives his harness bells a shake   
To ask if there is some mistake.   
The only other sound’s the sweep   
Of easy wind and downy flake.   

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   
But I have promises to keep,   
And miles to go before I sleep,   
And miles to go before I sleep.

Frost, R. (1951). Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening. Retrieved from http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/171621

3 comments:

Tom Nash said...

I have read your blog. That is nice.

With time there are different new tools and ideas seen coming up in the market, the healthy eating tips for adults are all proving to be effective and best enough for regular uses. The best diet plan for quick weight loss is all discussed and shared in this particular article making it best enough for all in the business, take this link into count for all improvement.

Rose Maria said...

please Define wellness .?
well-being

Jr. Williams said...

Has anyone tried the Youngevity supplements at www ...
Youngevity Business

Post a Comment

Search

Loading...

About Me

Kaplan Center for Health and Wellness
View my complete profile

Followers