Saturday, January 2, 2016

Top 5 New Year's Resolutions

By Jeanette Andrade, PhD, RDN/LDN



I do not typically make a resolution for the New Year. I am not sure why, but it likely has to do with the reason I do not stick with that resolution. For example, one year my resolution was to wake up earlier. So I set my alarm an hour earlier and the next morning when it went off, I hit the snooze and slept until I normally get up. I attempted to wake up early the next day since I did so well the first and the same thing happened. I decided waking up early was not in my cards. In any case, when writing this post, I decided to see what others indicate as their resolutions for 2016. Here are the top 5:

1. Enjoy life to the fullest
2. Live a healthier lifestyle
3. Lose weight
4. Spend more time with family and friends
5. Save more, spend less (Kirkham, 2015)

I must point out GoBankingRates administered this survey to 5000 Americans in which the responses above were their only choices and they had to check which one(s) was the most important to them. Now I am a scientist and conduct research studies, so I understand the rationale for reducing the number of choices people have to improve statistics and prevent variability. However, these choices could mean something different to everyone. For instance, “enjoy life to the fullest”. Sure who doesn’t want to do this? I would mark this and make it a point to travel the globe. Someone else may interpret this to volunteering and helping out more in their community. Regardless of which one(s) you would potentially mark above, I wish you a wonderful New Year!

Kirkham, E. (2015). “Enjoying life to the fullest” is 2016’s top resolution. Time: Everyday Money. Retrieved from http://time.com/money/4163867/top-new-years-resolution-2016/

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Übersetzer Medizin Unsere Übersetzungsagentur erstellt medizinische Übersetzungen auf hohem sprachlichen sowie fachlich-wissenschaftlichem Niveau und übernimmt Textübersetzungen aus den unterschiedlichsten medizinische Fachrichtungen

Ameen Khatri said...

it's really cool blog. Linking is very useful thing.you have really helped flooring contractors near me

Anonymous said...

infertility for easy Conception. (No more adoption, with Dr Itua your problem will solve and you will have your child with ease.I have been blog Sites for a while now and today i felt like i should share my story because i was a victim too. I had endometriosis for 18 years and i never thought i would ever get a cure due to the terrible symptoms i had and this made it impossible for me to get pregnant even after 12 years of marriage and it was a serious issue. I got to know about Dr. Itua on Blog Site who treated someone and the person shared a story of how she got a cure and let her contact details, i contacted Dr. Itua and he actually confirmed it and i decided to give a try too and use his herbal medicine that was how my burden ended completely. My son will be 2 this december and i am gratetful to God and thankful to his medicine too.Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Epilepsy, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,Get Your Ex Back, If you have (A just reach his on (drituaherbalcenter@gmail. com Or Whatsapp Number..+2348149277967)He can also advise you on how to handle some marital's issues.He's a good man.

GERTRUDIS CANDELARIO said...

I have long felt a special connection with Herbal Medicine. For one thing is natural, Charlie we went to the same small college in Southern California — Claremont Men’s College — though he dropped out and ultimately enrolled at the Julliard School of the Performing Arts in New York. Had he stayed at Claremont, he would have been a senior the year I started there; I have often kidded that I was the reason he left when he finds out I had herpes. So my life have been lonely like hell all day I couldn't bear the outbreak pain, Tasha then introduce me to Dr Itua who use his herbal medicine to cure her two weeks of drinking it. I place an order form him and he delivers to my post office then I picked it up and used for two weeks all my sore was healed completely no more outbreak I'm honestly telling you this man is a great man, I trust him and his herbal medicine so much I'm sharing this to show my appreciation also to let sick people know there is hope with Dr Itua Herbal Made Medicine.Dr Itua Contact Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com,Whatsapp.+2348149277967
He cures.
Herpes,
STROKE.
Hepatitis
H.P.V TYPE 1 TYPE 2 TYPE 3 AND TYPE 4. TYPE 5.
HIV
SYPHILIS.
Liver/Kidney Inflammatory
Epilepsy

Post a Comment

About Me

Kaplan Center for Health and Wellness
View my complete profile

Followers